Download & Log In
CoachMePlus can be accessed from a browser on a computer (laptop) or through our application (tablet or smartphone).
You will need to download and log in to the CoachMePlus app on any tablet, phone, or computer you intend to use with CoachMePlus.
To get to your specific installation, you will need your access code (formerly group code). You can find this code in your welcome email. Or when you log in to a browser, you will see your access code in the URL as the first section before the “.” i.e. [accesscode].coachmeplus.com.
If you do not know your access code, contact your support representative. Anybody who needs access to your installation (athletes, coaches, etc.) will need this code to open CoachMePlus on every new device.
How to Add Coaches
One Coach at a Time:
- On the home screen, click “Organization” from the side menu
- From the “Organization Management” page, click “Users”
- Click the blue circle with the plus mark in the upper right corner
- Choose “Create New Coach” from the listed options
- Add as much information as you would like (email is mandatory)
We recommend they have access as a coach and athlete
6. Click “Save” to Create the Coach, or “Save and Create” to continue to create another.
Many Coach at a Time:
As you are setting up your installation, your support representative at CoachMePlus will be able to upload many users (athletes and coaches).
Roles and Permissions
A role is a category of user; typically athlete, coach, athletic trainer, etc. are roles that are commonly assigned. Different users in these roles will often have the same permission needs. A coach will need to see athlete dashboards, assign programs, send communications, etc, while an assistant coach may need to edit on-the-fly, but not assign programs. You can set permissions based on role.
Permissions allow you to enable access for an individual or group of users to perform a certain action to a certain section within the application. First, you need to create Roles to organize your users and then you can assign the created permissions to your users. Any exceptions for individual users are set in individual permissions.
Roles can be assigned to any user in the system. Each user can have multiple roles, similar to
- Click “Organization” in the menu
- Click the “Users” card
- Click the user you want edit
- Once the profile expands, you will see an edit icon in the upper right corner, click the edit icon
- Scroll to the Organization section click into the tag section and add any tags that are relevant to the user.
- Click "UPDATE"
Creating a New Role
Several roles have already been created for your convenience and do not need to be changed. If there is a role unique to your company, here is how you can add a new role to your installation.
- In the Admin Portal, click on Settings => Security => Roles.
- You will be brought to a new page that shows roles that have already been made. To create a new role, click +New.
- The next page will provide you with a form to enter information for your new role.
Name - Enter name of your new role.
Description - Provide a brief description of role.
Athletes - Search for users that you would like to place in this role.
Permissions List - Adjust the permissions to put for this role.
- After you have selected the permissions, click Save to add the new role to your list.
- Your new role will now show up on your roles list.
Manage Role Based Permission
Our permissions are complex. Contacting support may be necessary to get your permissions set.
- In the Admin Portal, go to Settings => Security => Manage Role Permissions
- The Role Permissions page provides a list of all Permissions in the system with an explanation of each.
- A check box is provided to allow you to add or remove these Permissions per role. To finalize your new settings, click Save Changes.
Manage User Specific Permissions
- In the Admin Portal, go to Settings => Security => Manage User Permissions.
- Select the user that you want to create an exception for when it comes to access to the application. (For example, this may be a coach with a specialized purpose within the application.)
- You will be able to view the groups and Permissions for the selected user.
User - View the Permissions for the user selected.
Roles - Shows which Roles the selected user is under.
Permissions - Boxes that are checked indicate what the user can say.
- Check to choose new permissions, or uncheck to remove the privileges from the user.
- Save - Click Save Changes to save the changes you made to the account.
Adding Coaches to Training Groups
Even though coaches are not athletes, they can be added to training groups to ensure they get any group updates needed. This is how you assign and/or update training groups.
- On the homepage, click on Organization => Training Groups on the left hand menu.
- You will be brought to the “Group” List. This list contains a list of all training groups that you have created for your system.
- Click on the sub-group you would like to add the coach to, then click on the icon in the upper right corner that looks like a person.
- You can either type the name of the user in, or click the three horizontal lines with a plus sign to scroll through a list of users.
- After you have selected the user, they will appear in the athletes box.
Note: You have the ability to remove users from this group by clicking on the x next to the user's name. Click Save to save changes.
Afterwards, you will be brought back to the training group list.