This article will show you:
- How to set up SMS Messaging for your athlete.
- How to send a message as an SMS.
You need this because:
- You want to learn how to send an SMS to your athletes easily and quickly.
- You want to ensure that users are able to receive messages and updates instantaneously to their mobile device.
Setting up SMS Messaging for Athletes and sending SMS:
Step One: On the home page, click on Athlete Central.
Step Two: Click on Main Training Groups => Sub Training Group => Athlete. Select the athlete you would like to turn on SMS.
Step Three: On the Athlete’s page, click on Bio => Phone. To add a new phone number, click on +Add New Phone.
Step Four: You will be brought to a new page to enter information for your phone number.
1. Number – Enter athlete phone number.
2. Receive SMS Notification – Check the box to ensure that the athletes will receive SMS Notification.
3. Name/Notes – Enter the name for the phone number (i.e. Home, Cell, Office, etc) and any notes you want to include for the athlete.
4. Tag (s) – Tag the phone number (Optional)
5. Save – Once satisfied, click Save.
Step Five: Once saved, the phone number will show up on the Phone page.
Step Six: To send a message, click on the Messages tab.
Step Seven: You will be brought to a new page with a list of messages and an option to create a new message. Click on +Create Message to create a new message.
Step Eight: A form will appear for you to create a message. To ensure that users get the message via. SMS, be sure to check the box to notify recipient with an SMS. If you want to change the text, you can edit the text edit box.
Step Nine: Once satisfied, click Send and you will see the message in the outbox.