This article will show you:
- How to bookmark a device on iOS for Team Access.
You need this because:
- You want to keep a device permanently logged in as a specific function without compromising your security
- You want to learn how to securely create a new device in the system and save a bookmark on that device which will always return to that functionality with prompting for a login or other user interaction.
Booking a Device on iOS for Team Access:
*Note that at any point in the future you can go and delete the device from the system and it will no longer be able to access CoachMePlus.
Step 1: Login as Administrator
In order to add a device to your account, you must login to that device using your account which already has permission to add devices.
Step 2: Open the Menu
Remember when you use CoachMePlus on a computer, phone or any other type of device with a smaller screen that CoachMePlus will respond to make the screen seem less cluttered. For instance, on an iPad, iPhone, or any other mobile phone, the menu will be hidden off screen until asked for.
Step 3: Open Devices Security Page
Find the Devices page under Settings => Security.
Step 4: Create a New Device
Click +New and a new window will appear for you to fill out information about your new device.
Step 5: Fill Out Form
The only mandatory field is the Name field. However, you may want to add additional details for your internal use.
Step 6: Go to Bookmark Page
After clicking Save, you will see a confirmation notice to inform you that the new device was saved successfully. You should also now see the device you just created on the Device Listing page which you are currently on. You can now click on the Bookmark button next to the new device in order to get to the Bookmark page.
Step 7: Bookmark Page
After clicking on the Bookmark button, you will be directed to the Bookmark page.
- Build URL For Link - Section to generate a URL for you to bookmark.
- Training Group - OPTION to select certain training groups for this particular device bookmark. Filter by Training Group using the drop down menu.
- Position - OPTION to select certain positions for this particular device bookmark. Filter by Position using the drop down menu.
- Inactive Athletes - If you would like to view inactive athletes, check the box.
- Specific Action/Report - OPTION to select specific actions/reports for this particular device bookmark. Filter by Action/Report using the drop down menu.
- Generated URL - A url will automatically be generated after you have selected your preferences.
Step 8: Confirm Bookmark
After you have successfully selected your preferences, a URL will be generated and a preview box is available for you to see how it looks like.
- Generated URL - A URL will automatically be generated after selecting preferences for the device bookmark.
- Preview - A preview box is available for you to view what the page will look like with all the athletes selected.
- Open in New Window - Click on Open In New Window to see what it looks like on the browser.
Preview in New Window:
Step 10: Choose Action on iOS 7
Open up your browser and click on the action icon. You will be given the choice of performing many different actions. For our purpose, you will only need to choose between Bookmark and Add to Home Screen.
Bookmark will only create a bookmark in Safari for you to reuse after opening Safari. Add to Home Screen will add an Icon to your Home Screen so that you can access the page more easily. If you would like, you can do both of these actions, one after another.
Step 11: Confirm Addition of Bookmark/Home Screen Icon
Finally, you must confirm the addition of the Bookmark by clicking the word Add.
Please sign in to leave a comment.