The Hydration Station is a useful tool to track pre and post workout weights for your athletes as well as fluid loss/weight loss and providing your athletes with hydration options to replace that fluid and electrolytes lost during their training session or practice.
Setting Up the Hydration Station
There are two ways to access the Hydration Station.
The quick way (if you're just doing this once) is to
- Log in as a coach or admin
- Select “Team Access Point”
- Click on “Hydration” that will pop up the Hydration Station,
- Pick the training group you want to track
If you want a permanent solution that is in a weight room or in your facility so your athletes never need to log in, you will need to create a bookmark.
- Go to settings
- Go to security
- Go to devices, In your device screen there will already be a demo device uploaded. You don't need to create a new one if you don't want to; all you need is that bookmark link.
- Click on “Bookmark” Then you will see the form to build out the bookmark.
- Training Group: Select a the training group, or leaving all the users in the system by leaving training group blank.
- Position: Select the position, or leave all the users by leaving this blank
- Show inactive users: check or uncheck based on your desired configuration
- Make these settings configurable?There is no need to make this configurable, so you can select “no”
- Athlete Chooses Action: Choose Hydration
- How would you like them sorted?: Choose any order here
- You can check the preview to see if this is what you would like the Hydration Station to look like
- On A Computer/Laptop Browser: Copy and paste the URL you just created into the browser save it as a bookmark a
- On a tablet: you can save your URL to the home screen so it's easily accessible
Using the Hydration Station
- Once it’s set up, an athlete will click on their face, and their only only option will be to weigh in. They have 2 ways to enter their weight
- Manually enter their weight
- If you have a Bluetooth connected to your iPad, it will automatically upload their weight.
- At the end of the training session, they simply come back select their face again and weigh out in the same way.
- A shopping cart of hydrators will appear. (This is fully customizable to your facility what you have available and what you want to offer your athletes or you can use the pre-stocked options)
- As athletes choose what they will use to hydrate,
- As athletes choose hydrators, the four circles on top of the page will estimate the Sodium (Na), Chloride (Cl), Potassium (K), and Water (H20) that will be replenished.