This article will show you:
- How to add a user who is not an athlete, such as, a Coach or General Manager.
You need this because:
- You want to add users who are not athletes.
- You want to learn how to get your front office and coaching staff onboard with the install and have all data centralized in one location.
- You want to keep all parties in your organization informed and have real-time updates about your athletes.
Adding a User Who is Not an Athlete, i.e. a Coach or General Manager
When you create a user, you must assign them to a permission role that fits to their specific function. For one example, this new user is not an athlete but, they are a coach for the team. We will create a new account for them and assign them to the Coach role.
Step One: On the homepage, click on Settings => Security => Users.
Step Two: You will be brought to a new page with a list of all users that are in your system. To create a new user, select +New Coach or +New Athlete.
Step Three: A new page will appear for you to fill out as much information as you can about your new user.
- General - Input the user's First Name, Last Name, Title, and choose a Picture (if applicable).
- Organization - Assign the user a Training Group, Position, and Jersey Number (if applicable).
- Account - Enter E-mail address, assign a Username, and Password. Set Password settings for this user if you would like. Force Password Change will require the user to change their password upon first login. Send Welcome E-mail will send the user a welcome email if they have a valid email address.
- Security - Make the user Active by checking the box. For Roles, select which group you would like this user to be under. Select Administrator if you would like this user to have full access to everything in the system. Each group has their own set of permissions that you have set up previously. Permissions will allow you to give additional permissions outside of the group/role that is assigned. To learn how to manage group permissions, click here.
Step Four: After you have selected your permissions, click Save to save all changes and the new user will be added to the users list.
Please sign in to leave a comment.